I haven’t yet made it to a Twins game this year (and you know it’s killing me) but that hasn’t prevented me from thoroughly enjoying outdoor baseball played at Target Field.
I’ve been watching the Twins on TV (in glorious HD, of course) and it is an entirely different experience this year in our new ballpark. The first thing that struck me watching the games is that it sounds different. I don’t know why, but it seems like I hear more detail in the sounds of the game, the reaction of the crowd is more robust, individual fans’ catcalls seem to be more clear.
Most of all, though, the game is infinitely more visually compelling, starting with those wonderful throwback 60s-era home uniforms.
The Metrodome was visually bland but now we’ve got the brilliant green of the grass to look at. Shots of players are framed by a crowd that is much closer to the action, and therefore, to the camera as well.
The ever-changing shadows that creep across the field with the changing afternoon sun provide constant visual variety.
And, of course, shots of pop flies and home runs now include blue sky and the Minneapolis skyline. Glorious!
I can’t wait to experience it in person.
Cartoon Network is one of the best channels on cable and [adult swim] is largely the reason why. This is a hilarious segment from Seth Green‘s brilliant show, Robot Chicken, about what might happen if you pitted Halo against Donkey Kong:
Technorati tags: cartoon network | adult swim | seth green | robot chicken | halo | donkey kong | video | television
- 37signals – Simple software to help you get organized.
- Cool Tools by Kevin Kelly – Everyday products that are cool.
- Salon.com RSS Feeds
- Webmaster Toolkit – Webmaster Tools and SEO Software Resources.
- nativetext – nativetext is a free web service that translates RSS feeds from blogs and podcasts into foreign languages.
- RealWorldUsage in Ruby on Rails
- trakpak – trakpak is the easy way to track multiple shipments from multiple carriers (currently UPS, FedEx, and USPS are supported).
- StreetEasy – Real estate research.
- FlickrLilli – Flickr search engine.
- feedication – Feedication.com is a web application that acts as your own aggregation service. It is able to fetch and display information about you. It currently supports syndication with web services like 43 Things, 43 Places, 43 People, All Consuming, last.fm, del.icio.us
- Chalksite – Gradebooks, assignments, messaging and a personal website just for teachers.
- EvokeTV – eVokeTV.com is focused on multi-tasking tv watchers – the growing population of users that have broadband internet connectivity while watching TV. Whether you are a passive viewer or actively engaged with the programming you watch, we strive to give you a
- free wi-fi Minnesota Minneapolis St. Paul
- Shoot In Minnesota! – Nonprofit film industry trade association devoted to promoting the film industry in Minnesota.
Technorati tags: online applications | online tools | rss | package tracking | photo search | real estate | tv | television | wifi | twin cities wifi | minnesota movies